Preservation Durham keeps track of many properties and preservation issues across Durham. These issues unfold over many years with properties changing ownership, development proposals coming and going.
- SAVING PLACES | The Catsburg Country StoreThe Catsburg Country Store’s iconic look is a landmark for locals and visitors driving along Old Oxford Road. The red building with a hand-painted black cat on the false front was built in the 1920s.
- Old West Durham Neighborhood Protection Overlay – OWD NPOPRESERVATION DURHAM’S OFFICIAL STATEMENT ON THE OLD WEST DURHAM NEIGHBORHOOD PROTECTION OVERLAY ISSUE Old West Durham, one of the earliest neighborhoods in this city, is rich with reminders of our history and, thus, of significant interest to Preservation Durham. Part of the area included in this Neighborhood Protection Overlay lies […]
- Architectural Survey UpdatePreservation Durham is partnering with the Durham City/County Planning Department to update the Durham Architectural and Historic Inventory. The Inventory is a comprehensive listing of all the historically significant architectural resources in the city and county. The listing and description of each site is used as a reference for research […]
- Jenny’s HomeWhat’s it like to rehab your own historic house?
- Carpenter ChevyAdvocacy Issue: The City has acquired the site of the former Carpenter Chevrolet dealership on Main Street for the future site of a new Police Department Headquarters. Two historic buildings are directly impacted. Also, this project has major implications for the Downtown Historic District and connections between Downtown and East […]