Preservation Durham keeps track of many properties and preservation issues across Durham. These issues unfold over many years with properties changing ownership, development proposals coming and going.
- GRANT RECIPIENT | 2021 American Rescue Plan Humanities GrantThank you to North Carolina Humanities and the National Endowment for the Humanities for their support during a challenging stretch for us. When many of our traditional fundraising approaches were not possible due to Covid-19, NC Humanities provided us with generous grant funding. This vital support helped see us through and continue our mission […]
- SAVING PLACES | The Catsburg Country StoreThe Catsburg Country Store’s iconic look is a landmark for locals and visitors driving along Old Oxford Road. The red building with a hand-painted black cat on the false front was built in the 1920s.
- Old West Durham Neighborhood Protection Overlay – OWD NPOPRESERVATION DURHAM’S OFFICIAL STATEMENT ON THE OLD WEST DURHAM NEIGHBORHOOD PROTECTION OVERLAY ISSUE Old West Durham, one of the earliest neighborhoods in this city, is rich with reminders of our history and, thus, of significant interest to Preservation Durham. Part of the area included in this Neighborhood Protection Overlay lies […]
- Architectural Survey UpdatePreservation Durham is partnering with the Durham City/County Planning Department to update the Durham Architectural and Historic Inventory. The Inventory is a comprehensive listing of all the historically significant architectural resources in the city and county. The listing and description of each site is used as a reference for research […]
- Jenny’s HomeWhat’s it like to rehab your own historic house?