2810 Lawndale Avenue
- Protective covenants put in place through EPF sale in June of 2004.
- Craftsman bungalow built by the Blackman family between 1910 and 1920.
- Originally located on Erwin Road (where the Duke Eye Hospital now stands), this house was moved three times:
- Moved to LaSalle Street – then Holman Road – in the mid-1960s when Duke began to expand its campus
- Temporarily moved to Hillsborough Road in 2002, where it sat awaiting a zoning change
- Post-rezoning approval, house was finally relocated to Lawndale Avenue.
- Despite many moves, the bungalow has always remained part of West Durham.