11 New Plaques on Historic Buildings

Published by info@preservationdurham.org on

plaque

The latest additions to this list are:
  • D.T. Sasser House (1916) – 2418 W. Club Boulevard
  • The Manchester (1927) – 813 Lancaster Street
  • John & Mary Dennis House (1921) – 1113 Iredell Street
  • Mary E. Carden House (1895) – 1912 Carden’s Lane
  • Charles & Elizabeth Faucette House (1938) – 1307 Dollar Avenue
  • Bass-Chick House (1922) – 917 MonmouthAvenue
  • Walter &Theo Whitted House (1920) – 1204 W. Markham Avenue
  • John Spencer Bassett House (1891) – 1017 W. Trinity Avneue
  • Aiken-Stallings House (1911) – 711 Watts Street
  • Pickard-Boone House (1922) – 1012 W. Markham Avenue
  • John J. & Nora Thaxton House (1909) – 212 Watts Street
Preservation Durham established the Historic Plaque Program in 2001 to encourage the preservation of Durham’s historic resources and to educate the public about the community’s heritage.  A total of 152 plaques have been placed on buildings throughout Durham.

For information on obtaining a plaque for your home, please click on this link.