101 & 107 E. Chapel Hill Street
- Building sold through City RFP in late 2011.
- Preservation ensured by PD through EPF covenants and by NC Historic Preservation Office via the income-producing historic tax credits; click here to learn more about rehab credits.
- Example of PD partnering with commercial developers.
- Continues ongoing revitalization of the Downtown Durham National Register Historic District.
- Served as an impetus for initiating a reassessment and expansion of the Downtown district, which was established in the 1970s and overdue for reevaluation.