Tax Credit Workshops – Returning Soon
Preservation Durham presents periodic workshops for property owners about the state and Federal tax credit programs for rehabbing historic properties. The workshops feature preservation professionals and users of the credits.
Topics covered include:
- Overview of the different tax credit programs
- How to determine if your property is eligible
- What kinds of work qualifies
- How to work with a designer and/or contractor
- Introduction to the paperwork
- How to take documentary photographs
- How to describe your scope of work
- Example projects
Each property's circumstances will be different, and the workshops will include time for questions and answers. We encourage property owners to consult with their own tax professionals about the financial impact of the project and tax credits.