10 sites in North Carolina, including 2 in Durham (the Whitted School and the Durham Hosiery Mill Dye House) were just added to the National Register. We’re so glad to see these important buildings get recognized- and now they’re eligible for preservation tax credits!
Congratulations to the Carrboro-based Caktus Group for buying and rehabbing 108 Morris St., a great 1910 building right by Five Points.
Check out this article in the Durham News about the historic Fendol Bevers house. We’re working with the developers to help move this amazing structure!
Sadly, after months of
Little Five Points
Intersection of North Mangum, Corporation, and Cleveland Streets
Street in 1926. Named for Dr. Samuel Dace McPherson, the 24-bed hospital was a pioneer in eye, ear, nose and throat care here before moving in 2005 to a new building on N. Roxboro Road. This building is currently owned by Concord Hospitality Enterprises Corporation, who plan to expand and convert the building for hotel use pending additional funding. In 2008, 1940s and 1960s additions to the hospital were removed, leaving the historic 1926 portion of the building exposed to