Little Five Points
Intersection of North Mangum, Corporation, and Cleveland Streets
Street in 1926. Named for Dr. Samuel Dace McPherson, the 24-bed hospital was a pioneer in eye, ear, nose and throat care here before moving in 2005 to a new building on N. Roxboro Road. This building is currently owned by Concord Hospitality Enterprises Corporation, who plan to expand and convert the building for hotel use pending additional funding. In 2008, 1940s and 1960s additions to the hospital were removed, leaving the historic 1926 portion of the building exposed to the elements.
What’s Needed: Immediate protection for the exposed portions of the building to prevent further decay. Full restoration and use that would create positive activity along the street and provide a