New Executive Director
The Preservation Durham Board of Directors is pleased to announce that Ben Filippo has been hired as Preservation Durham’s new Executive Director. Ben comes to us with a depth of non-profit experience in sustainable agriculture and food accessibility. His work has focused on bringing people together, building skills and sharing resources – work which we feel dovetails nicely with Preservation Durham’s needs and goals.
Vision for 2016
- Establishing a true “network” of community members and stakeholders across Durham’s neighborhoods – one where advice and support is given, and ideas are freely shared.
- Renovator’s Network programs that connect homeowners with skills, each other and professionals
- Research and recognition of several traditionally african-american neighborhoods
- Proactive advocacy leadership in form of research, publications, and events (recent past architecture/Modernism, housing diversity and affordability, Central Park)
- Leadership lecture (community conversation) on neighborhoods in transition
- Become a member. We need your support to keep our work going. Join today with your friends and neighbors who love Durham’s grit, cool, and diverse history.
- Join a committee. Passionate and creative folks are always welcome at our committee meetings. In particular we could use help with photography, graphic design, communications and web/social content.
- Talk to us. We want to hear what’s going on in your neighborhood and how we could be helpful. Click here to take our brief survey on 2016 priorities.