Durham’s history is closely lined to the rise and fall of the NC tobacco industry, and the massive buildings that housed this manufacture are a huge part of Durham’s unique character.
Thank you to our property owners and volunteers
who made this year’s tour a success. See you next year!
- Day-of: $25
Durham History Hub, 500 W. Main Street
- Docent: $10
Tickets available at the Durham History Hub 11:30-3:30 each day of the tour.[/one_half_last]
About the Tour
Join us for behind-the-scenes access to 6 historic tobacco manufacturing sites in downtown Durham:
- Liberty Warehouse – This is your last chance to take a peek inside Durham’s last remaining tobacco auction warehouse before its demolition in May.
- Brame Building – See inside the future home of the Tyler’s Taproom Distillery!
- American Tobacco – Visit fabulous, modern office spaces of nationally recognized companies, located in this historic complex. This is by far some of the coolest office space in Durham!
- Venable Tobacco Company – Transformed into modern office space, the buildings in this complex were built in response to the changing transportation needs (rail & truck) of the 20th century tobacco industry.
- Liggett and Myers O’Brien Warehouse – Transformed by West Village into luxury lofts.
- Imperial Tobacco Warehouse- See the spaces featured in the 1988 movie, Bull Durham.
Thanks to our sponsors
[one_third] [/one_third] [one_third] [/one_third_last]