Downtown Durham is updating its 2008 Master Plan and needs your input. This first workshop will gather input on how the community views the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats facing Downtown Durham.
Downtown Durham’s growth has been guided by the original Master Plan in 2000, and the update in 2008. The following items were recommended by the 2008 Plan rand successfully implemented:
- Durham switching to a form based code
- Retail market study
- Downtown Open Space Study
- Building on surface parking lots to increase density and walkability
The original master plan was intended to be a living document that evolves with the changes and opportunities in Durham. Today, the Plan no longer fully accounts for the current physical landscape of downtown, current market trends, or the new constituents who have come to downtown in the last seven years. As a result, Downtown Durham, Inc., the City and the County believe it is time to assess the Master Plan objectives and to ensure that the Plan continues to be relevant to the Durham of today and tomorrow.
There will be additional possibilities for public input:
- Second Workshop #2 -July 11th from 10am-3pm
- Survey: posted after the first workshop on May 7th
- Free form comments can be sent to email@example.com