April 18 2014 Wrap Up
- Tickets for our 2014 Tobacco Heritage tour are now available. They're only $20 presale, and $25 the day of the tour. The tour is next weekend- get your tickets now! Demolition permits have been filed for Liberty Warehouse...this is your last chance to peek inside the building.
- We've made some last minute changes to the tour- click here to check out the current list.
- Make sure to read this article in the Indy about the change that are coming soon to Central Park (and all of Durham).
- Have you been following the controversy over the modern house in Oakwood? North Carolina Modernist Houses is working on putting together a legal defense fund for modern houses. More information is here.
- Want to get some hands-on preservation experience saving a historic shotgun house? Want to learn how to forge iron, hew logs, patch plaster, and repoint historic bricks? Check out UNCG's preservation field school from May 12th-30th. More information available here.
- The final copy of our Partners in the Field Durham Documentation of African American Heritage Sites is here! Click here to view the report. Special thanks to April Johnson for all of her hard work and research.